effective research paper writing
Research paper writing is probably the toughest challenge that can ever come in the academic career of any student. It is a mandatory requirement to gain your degree at the university level and probably the toughest one too. The good students always try to look ahead in the future and they begin doing some sort of research about it well before the time comes. It is a good thing and it saves their time when the supervisor hands over the students the first part of their paper which is almost always the submission of a proposal as what you are looking to write on. There are a number of mistakes that the students make in such tasks. The students must look to avoid the mistakes well in the initial phases of their thesis writing. Try to take as much input as possible from your supervisor about the project as he is the first and the most important person that you should be looking to impress with your work.
The Do’s :
There are a lot of things which must be an essential part of your dissertation no matter whichever discipline you are entrusted the task of writing the paper. The following is a list of some most important Do’s that you must look to follow in for your term paper:
- 1.The topic of the paper must be carefully selected by considering its all pros and cons
- 2. Take regular feedback from your supervisor during your paper writing process.
- 3. Your ideas and the methodologies used must be the highlight of your work.
- 4. All your ideas should be backed with solid evidences and proofs.
- 5. If it’s a scientific paper, then make sure that you include the relevant scientific terminologies in order to give it a scientific flavor or touch.
- 6. Be comprehensive and precise with your topic at the same time.
- 7. Proofread your paper as many times as the time allows.
- 8. Scrutinize all the research work that you have done by double checking it from a number of resources. The authenticity and credibility of your sources are of prime importance.
The Don’ts :
Just like the do’s of writing an effective paper, there are some don’ts as well, which you must look to follow religiously by avoiding them to be the part of your paper. The following is a list of the most important don’ts that you must look to avoid under all circumstances while writing your paper:
- 1. Never try to misrepresent yourself. Try to be as honest as possible with your work.
- 2. Avoid using fluff stuff in your dissertation as it can have a very negative and a bad impact on your paper.
- 3. Don’t include any irrelevant reference that is not the part of your paper.
- 4. Do not include any absurd reasons or revealing any incomplete thing in your paper.
- 5. Don’t do anything against the given guidelines. Try to be as accurate as possible.
- 6. Never look to exceed the recommended word count for your paper. There is a tolerance level given and you must adhere to that under all circumstances.
- 7. Avoid Wikipedia as your reference source as a lot of students make the mistake of using Wikipedia as their source which is not considered reliable anywhere in the world, especially in academic research.