How Do You Write A Good Research Paper About Smoking?
Smoking is one of the most common topics that you may have to write about in school. That is because of its significance. When it comes to writing a research paper on a topic that is this broad, you need to make sure that you choose a focus. Once you have your focus, you will want to follow these research steps and you will have your paper complete in no time.
Focus for smoking topics
- What causes people to start smoking
Effects of smoking
Smoking in teens
Effect of second hand smoking
Health effects of smoking
Health costs associated with smoking
Directions on writing a solid research paper
- Now that you have narrowed your topic down, you will want to start conducting some research to determine what you will write your paper on. This is where you will create your thesis statement for your paper. It will be a statement that you will make and prove in your paper in relation to your narrowed down topic.
- Next, you will create an outline. The outline is like the backbone of your paper. It is designed to show the most important parts of the piece. The information that you will present in your outline is usually used for the topic sentences in your paper.
- Use a five paragraph format for the majority of your papers. That is an introduction that includes that thesis statement. The next three paragraphs will present reasons to support the thesis. Write one for each reason. Finish with a conclusion.
- Add transitions in between the various paragraphs. Think of them as a bridge from one paragraph to the next. These should be things like first, second, and third or other transitional phrases.
- Create your rough draft first. Don’t worry so much about the content or what you are writing. Just concentrate on getting the paper written. Just concentrate on getting the information on paper.
- Proofread and edit the paper. This is an important step and it is important to make sure that you focus on it. You will want to make sure that you read the paper through, explain your ideas more effectively, and make sure that it flows nicely.
You may also want to get a second opinion. It never hurts to have someone else read through your paper before you hand it in. I recommend this service. Their experts can read through your draft and make sure that it is written well. They can help you through each part of this process.